5.12.2013

Nagsasa Cove, Zambales


5.10-11.13

After our first event for 2013, it is a company tradition to have a summer outing. Last year, we went to Zambales (Anawangin Cove). This year, we held our outing in Zambales once again, but in a farther cove from Anawangin. We went to Nagsasa Cove, Zambales.

Call time is 1am-2am so my officemates and I decided to sleep over and stay in the office instead.
We arrived in Pundaquit (sometimes spelled as Pundakit) Zambales at 5:30am, our meeting place. We had our packed breakfast there. Then we waited for our tour guide until 8am, since they bought the food and other things for the trip.

The shores of Pundakit, filled with parked boats - ready to accept passengers and tourists for island hopping!
Boat ride to Nagsasa Cove took around 2 hours. The ocean was peaceful and very blue (but we had a problem with our boat, it took very slow I think because we’re overloaded :P) But besides that, there’s not much of a problem and we arrived safe and sound.


Blue, cold salty water! Such a refreshing view. :)

Touchdown Nagsasa Cove! :)

We set up our tents (I also set up my own duyan, which I bought in the island).

We had our lunch in one of the kubos, and we rested there :)


After lunch around 1pm (I know it’s very hot), our boss decided that we all trek the mountain nearby (I think it's called Camp Bira Bira). It’s not soft soil, we climb rocks and boulders! I think this is what you call ROCK CLIMBING.


The Guys

vs the Girls :)

Rock Climbing 101! :) 
We reached the top! The view was great!
I'm on the top of the rock :)
After the tiring but fun trekking, we rested a bit. Then we had our swim until sun down.

Part of the package was the food, and we had Pork Chop and Sinigang for dinner.

In Capones, it rains at night (so it's advisable to have strong tents), or else, you will end up just like us – our tent was leaking water inside. So around 1am, we packed up our things and "evacuated" in the kubo where we usually hang out.

The next morning, we had breakfast and we swam again.
Our OJTs/ newbies, prepared games for us too!

The Team after the games :)
Jump Shots. More FUN in the Philippines!
Then by lunch, we left Nagsasa Cove toured some islands like Capones, and its Lighthouse, and we went back to Pundaquit where our van was parked.

We washed up and had our shower in the POSO. It’s cold and it’s free! :)

Then we went back to Manila.

It was great to bond with my office friends, I got the chance to know them better.

Till my next stop!

Shainey

No comments:

Post a Comment