1.14.2013

Kuya Anton's Special Surprise Party - 1/11/13

I was asked by my friend Micha if I'm free on the 11th of January (Friday) because she's organizing a small event/ party. The idea was great and selfless; and for instances like that, I was more than willing to be part of it.

What : Surprise party for Kuya Anton (the boyfriend of Micha's older sister)
Theme : Barrio Fiesta
Time : 7:00-9:00pm
Invited Guests : Abcede Family : Micha, Ate Mela, Ate Karen and Mommy Sally; Rabbi (photographer), me (assistant host/ tech/photog), and of course : the Tahanan ng Pagmamahal Family (currently, there are 18 kids in this home - all girls with age ranging from 6-21 years old) together with their guardians.
So this was what happened :

Jan 9 : Micha went to Divisoria to buy prizes and giveaways for the games. Then we met for dinner later that night so she can explain to me what will happen.
Micha's checklist

January 11, 2013

I arrived around 6:30pm. Micha was at the back door preparing for the props. When I entered the front door of the house, I was welcomed by the kids: they asked my name, held my hand and invited me inside; others automatically extended their arms and hugged me right there on the spot. I tell you, it's the warmest welcome I've ever experienced in my life (I'm not exaggerating). Your heart will really melt when you meet these kids. <3

Then we had a dry run/ briefing about the plan. The children also participated in the surprise. All the kids hold party poppers, confetti, and torotot while the lights were off. Then as Kuya Anton and Ate Karen entered the house around 7:00pm, the lights were opened and everyone shouted and greeted him a happy birthday. There was a candle/ cake blowing, then and afterwards, it was meal time. :)

Kuya Anton, Ate Karen and the kids
Micha with the cake
After dinner, Micha and I, plus ate Mela prepared the games for the kids
Newspaper Dance

A Fiesta will not be complete without the traditional Pabitin

The girls prepared a Gangnam Style dance number. Cool!

Then they sang a special song for us :>
Kuya Anton thanked everyone for the surprise


Loot bag give aways + kiss from the birthday celebrant! haha

*One of the best things you can experience here is their warm hugs. They do not need material things, they need our TIME, specifically our smiles and our hugs in return. <3 :">

The kids with the celebrant and ate Karen. They are all lovely. :)

They are the sweetest angels you can meet here on earth. :) Imagine, they welcome complete strangers in their home and they treat them like their family. Rarely can you experience or see anything like this. 
When you are with them, you will not feel left behind because they will talk to you, and they show real affection like a sister/ daughter. Having the opportunity to be with them is a blessing. 


I couldn't thank Micha enough because she invited me and introduced me to these kids. I know they may not have real parents beside them, but they are raised up well here. I pray that they will all grow up, finish their studies, be able to fulfill their own dreams and be successful in life. They may have little things but they brought a great impact on me. They can touch people's hearts. They deserve to be blessed even more. I hope they will not feel lonely or sad; instead, I hope that they be filled with love from the people who visit them.

I felt light and very happy after this day. I am very inspired because of these children. I hope more people can know about them and find time to be with them. More than material things, they would appreciate our presence.

It's definitely a worthwhile experience. :))

Shaine

No comments:

Post a Comment