1.06.2013

MY HIGHLIGHTS FOR 2012 :)

Lyssa and I were chatting about the new year. She said she's anticipating my countdown/ yearly highlights for 2012. 
I did a sort of countdown of my top 12 favorite events last 2011 via Facebook, and quite many people liked the note. (I will be reposting the 2011 list here as well).

So here's my top 15 highlights/ activities for the year 2012 (hindi talaga kinaya ng 12 lang kaya gagawin kong 15). Enjoy reading!  

15 - BRACES NO MORE!  :) 
Finally after 5 years or so, my braces were removed. Yey! 
(April 2012)

14 - DESIGNED A GOWN FOR A NON-FAMILY MEMBER :)
My best friend's sister, Charlene, had her JS Prom last Feb 2012. She personally chose me to design her gown, I don't know what she saw in my previous designs :P So, I presented 3 sets of pastel colored gowns for her shown above. She picked the beige Venus cut design and I accompanied her to the couturier and assisted in selecting the fabric, design, beads, etc. The finished product was very simple yet elegant and stunning. :) I heard some news that she's one of the star of the night during their prom.:)) Nice one! I really thanked her for believing in me. I really enjoyed this short project.
(January 2012)

13 - RECREATIONAL ACTIVITIES :)
Some of the perks I get for being in events are : gift certificates! Yey! :) We were able to acquire & avail some free services, which I really enjoyed using. Some of which that I found interesting are:


1. Center for Pop (SM Megamall) Voice Lessons with Exlinkers (March 2012) - I know I don't have a good singing voice but they taught us the basics of proper breathing :)
2. Suriya Spa (Spa Oceana) Hydrofusion Therapy and Scrub  (November 2012) - I received 2 GCs for heading an event/ project in Exlink. I availed this service with my friend Micha. Suriya Spa has a great ambiance, my private room smells good, plus there was relaxing music in the background.  After this, we really felt clean and happy :))
3. Three months membership in Fitness First (Oct-Jan 2013) - I really enjoyed attending the Yoga Sessions with officemates Lyssa and Joana. :) 

12 - HUNGER GAMES MOVIE DATE

I didn't have a picture of this date so I posted a picture I copied from google images. (Yes, it was a date. Date as in date. - with a guy na friend ng ex-officemate ko na hindi ko na papangalanan kung sino kasi wala naman na..). Hahaha! :) Tragic ba? Nope! It was a fun night. He paid for everything; and the Hunger Games Movie was just AWESOME. :D
(March 2012)

11 - DINNER DATES and BIRTHDAYS 

I love eating and trying different varieties of food with small groups/ friends. We catch up and update each other about our busy  lives while enjoying the food.  Small groups are better, special and more intimate than large gatherings. Here's some of my memorable dining experiences with some of my closest friends :
Clockwise from upper left picture : Moshi Moshi New Year Date with Rae and Nevee (Jan 2012), Milky and Sunny with Babe/Ate Donna (Jan 2012), iLove at Victory Metro East with Babe, Ate Divine, Ate Christie (Feb 2012), Stacey's with Babe and Ate Divine (March 2012), Nevee's Birthday at Dillinger's Bar and Grill (May 2012), Sophie's Christening (May 2012), Pan de Americana with Lyssa and Rochelle (Sept 2012), Pizza Hut MOA with Lyca and Arlene (Sept 2012), It's a lot to Celebrate Date at Blushing Cupcakes with the Heygirls, Gumbo and the Mistress Movie with Grace and Nicolette (Sept. 2012), Banchetto/ Pig out Friday Nights with Heygirls (May-Sept 2012), Swimming get together with Lav, Allou and Tin (May 2012), and on the center picture : Banapple with the Chefs (Dec 2012)

10 - FAMILY REUNIONS and EAT ALL YOU CAN SESSIONS  
It's obvious that we love food! We had a LOT of eat all you cans this year. Some of the best are :
Seoul BBQ with Family and our Lolas (May 2012)
Mama's Birthday Treat at Tongyang Hot Pot/ eat all you can (Nov 2012)
Mother's Day Celebration at home with take out 30 inch Calda Pizza
Father's Day Celebration at Bono Yaki, Libis

9 - FUN RUNS :)
This year was my first time to join a fun run. I joined two :
My first run was the Run for Integrity with Nevee and Micha (May 2012). We were almost late because Micha overslept and she kept our race kits! She arrived a few minutes before the gun start so we were able to catch up! :)) Then I also registered for OUTBREAK BGC with my cousins (July 2012). It was raining during the Outbreak (Wave 21) but we decided to continue. We finished all wet and cold but it was a night full of crazy and active zombies. Some zombies also looked handsome! wahaha :)) We stayed overnight in our Lolo's condo for an extended bonding time with cousins and with pizzas. I will join more fun runs in the future - especially for creative concepts and for good causes.
8 - MY FIRST LONG DRIVE - CLARK, PAMPANGA
Finally, I was able to experience driving along the Expressway! I'm crazy. HAHAHA!  I only had an hour of sleep (left home around 2am. But we managed to get there -- safe and sound and hindi din naligaw. We arrived just in time to see the balloons fly! Thanks to my best friend's Tita of  who's working at CDC because we had a VIP entrance. It was really a weekend where everything flies. Had a great time with UST friends! :)
(February 2012)

7 - SUCCESSFUL EXLINKEVENTS
Here's some pictures of my two favorite events :
Customer Loyalty Conference (September 2012) and Meetings, Incentive Travel, Conferences and Exhibits/ Events (MICE) 101 Seminar at SMX Convention Center (March 2012)

The Loyalty Conference really tested my management skills in heading a project. It was difficult but thank God we were able to do it together and the event was very successful. MICE 101 was also my favorite event because small focused group is easier to handle and majority, if not all, of them were pleased with the event, with Exlink and to the association producer (PACEOS). I liked these two because not only did we provide delegates knowledge about the given topic, but we also made our sponsors happy and satisfied. Successful event execution and feedback from clients is a very rewarding achievement for event organizers like us. :))

6 - My 23RD BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION 
It was not a birthDAY but a birthWEEK celebration. :)
Victory, Tiendesitas, and Surprises from the HeyGirls
Wensha Spa with Czari - it's a tradition we do during our birthdays
TongYang Hot Pot with my Family and relatives - 50% my treat
Yellow Cab Surprise Delivery from Babe. She's the sweetest. I shared the pizza with my officemates
Amber's at the office with Exlinkers - 3 kinds of pancit for a longer life
(September 2012)
5 - MAHAL'S DEBUT at Sulo Riviera Hotel
One of the things my mom and sisters enjoy doing is planning for special occasions.  We didn't hire an events organizer but we did it by ourselves! We planned and executed our sister's party. I designed my sister's gowns and also hosted the event with Ate. :) 
(April 2012)

4 - ISLAND ESCAPADES with Exlink
One of the things Exlinkers and I have in common is being outgoing and adventurous. We had some remarkable adventures/ island hoppings this year.
Anawangin Outing (July, 2012) - unwinding after the stressful Events, mid-year
Calaguas Island, Cam. Norte Outing (Dec, 2012) - Christmas Party and outing after the entire year of hard work.
Jovy & Carlo's Wedding, San Juan Batanags (Nov, 2012)- our officemate and friend Jovy got married in her hometown. Exlinkers went to Batangas to attend. I was a participant too. It was tiring but fun. :)

3- School Supplies Distribution to Dumagat Kids at CALAWIS, ANTIPOLO <3
The Dumagats of Antipolo we re Ex-linkevent's beneficiary for the 2nd Travel Philippines Show 2011, so we prepared some school supplies to support for their schooling. I really salute these kids for their honesty and pure hearts! Here's the short scene : I was distributing C2 and cupcakes to the kids who received school supplies. I saw one little boy in the middle eating/ drinking nothing so I handed him some snacks, he honestly said "Ate wag nyo na po ako bigyan, meron na akong natanggap nasa bulsa ko." This is what you call honesty and sincerity! They are the ones who really deserve financial support to study and finish their schooling, and they deserve to be blessed with so much more. 
(May 2012)

2- MISSION CLIMB at Mt. Puray, Rodriguez Rizal with Ms. Sassy :)
This was the least costly but most worth it trip I've been to this year! I've spent only P120 for the habal habal round trip ride in Montalban and the rest of my budget for a trip went to the kids. Ms. Sassy, who I consider my soul sister because we've got many dreams in common, spent the entire weekend with me : We went to Divisoria after work to buy gifts for the kids, then we woke up early next morning, took the extreme habal habal ride to Mt. Puray, hiked uphill, we ate on banana leaves with just sausages and pulang itlog for lunch, we had fresh buko juice and cacao picked up from the trees. We shared our gifts to the Dumagats of Montalban and we even prayed with them, they sang a worship song for us. Here, we also had our memorable nature trip of pure hiking on rough roads, crossing rivers, and swimming/ diving at the very beautiful falls. It was physically tiring but a rewarding experience.
Indeed, some of the BEST things in life are FREE. :)
(October 2012)

1- ASIAN CRUISE! (Tour around Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand)
This is our first time to go out of the country with the whole family. We went to three countries in just one trip. Day 1 : Whole day at Universal Studios. We arrived in Singapore via plane/ Singapore Airlines. We had our late check in at Concorde Hotel, Orchard Road (it was one of the best hotels in the city- 7 stars! :) ) Day 2 : We left Singapore and went on board. We enjoyed the food, accommodation and amenities of Star Cruises' Superstar Virgo. It felt like I was entering Titanic. :) Day 3 (Excursion in Penang Malaysia) : We went to Cheong Fatt Tze Mansion, Kek Lok Si Temple, Gurney Plaza and we shopped around the town for souvenirs, we had a taste and we also shopped for Malaysian Chocolates and other local products. On board that night, there was a countdown to Christmas (12midnight) Party/ Celebration at the Grand Piazza. My siblings and cousins went down to join in the party! Day 4 : In Phuket, Thailand : We had our Elephant ride and watched the monkey show at Adventure Safari, visited Chalong Temple, shopped at Sri Burapa Cashew Nut Factory and Shop, Wang Talang Jewellry, Thai Naan Restaurant, and strolled along Patong Beach. That night, there was also a Captain's Gala Cocktail/ meet and greet on board. My Mom and Tita went there to attend. :) Day 5 :  We're just on board still enjoying the countless activities and UNLIMITED food inside. We went back to Singapore and checked in at Concorde Hotel. We strolled along the city and visited Istana Park along Orchard Road. We ate dinner at Mcdonald's. I tell you, their servings are BIG. Yung regular drink and fries nila Large na dito sa atin. :) Day 6 : Shop, Dine and Tour around Singapore. Woke up early and visit the Merlion Park. We also shopped at Harborfront, and again along Orchard Road. We took the crazy escalator "ride" at Orchard Central - it was from the 7th-11th floor and located outside the building! Scary even if I'm not afraid of heights. I love Singapore! Singapore is a very beautiful and clean city. :)
(December 2012)
So this caps off the highlight of my year 2012. My apologies for saying way too much but thanks for reading.

I am looking forward to more fun and productive experience this 2013!

Happy New Year!

Shaine

No comments:

Post a Comment